ASYRAS (Association of Young Researches on Anglophone Studies) was founded in 2007 by a group of eight postgraduate students of the Department of English Studies at the University of Salamanca. Back then, they decided to embark on a novel project, particularly addressed to young researchers, with the aim of promoting research work in the field of Anglophone studies. Thus, the Association is intended to implement the following objectives:
- To vindicate the position of Anglophone studies within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- To promote the dissemination of present-day research works carried out by young researchers.
- To support informative, scientific, cultural and advisory initiatives in the field of Anglophone studies within the Spanish university context.
- To create a nationwide forum that accommodates new researchers, who will be shaping the future scenario of English Studies within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- To guide and encourage students of English Philology to carry on their postgraduate studies at any of the Spanish universities.
An open forum of information is then being provided, in which young researchers are expected to effectively find answers to their research-related questions and concerns. Likewise, efforts are made to ensure the dissemination and publicity of congresses, lectures and other academic events related to Anglophone studies.
We would like to encourage you to join this project, whose initiatives will be certainly benefitting from your active participation and suggestions.